Highlighted
Wan-Abr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TRIM 7.33 Workgroup Server, my 2nd server "Service Not Started" Problem

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I need help in configuring Workgroup Server. Fyi, i am using TRIM 7.33

I configure 2 physical server acting as Workgroup Server 1 and Workgroup Server 2 so it does redirect to each other if one of it fails.

I open TRIM Enterprise Studio on the 1st server, create a dataset.

Then i create Workgroup Server 1 using the server name (TRIMSvr1).

Then i create Workgroup Server 2 using the 2nd server name (TRIMSvr2).

I save the config.

I open TRIM Enterprise Studio on 2nd server, register dataset using parameter used on the 1st server, it does succesfully registered.

Then i create Workgroup Server 1 using the server name (TRIMSvr1).

Then i create Workgroup Server 2 using the 2nd server name (TRIMSvr2).

save the config.

I went back to 1st server, save the configuration, and deploy.

Deployment status changed for TRIMSvr1 to "Deployed"

Deployment status changed for TRIMSvr1 to "Failed"

Back to the main window,

TRIMSvr1 "Active, Logging"

TRIMSvr2 "Service Not Started"

I did check the 2nd server for services > HP TRIM Workgroup Service > Start

It does output an error

"The TRIM Workgroup Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or program"

Then the service does not start.

My question is :

1. does my setup step is correct? 

2. what do i need to do in order to start the service on 2nd server. (changing log on as local system does not help)

Thank you for your time. Hope to get some answer.

Regards,

Wan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TRIM 7.33 Workgroup Server, my 2nd server "Service Not Started" Problem

Jump to solution

Firstly, you only need \ should use one TES. You should make all changes in one TES then save and deploy.

If the service is not starting on one, make sure that there has been something assigned for it to process eg. some events.

Go back to the service information on the WGS that is not starting and make sure that the service account information running the service is correct.

Try and start it after you ahve updated the account details.

Go back to the TES and try and deploy.

Other things to check is that the firewalls have been disabled between all the machines.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Wan-Abr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In addition for my research ot the problem at Event Log, it does specify that "side by side" configuration is incorrect. 

Does it means my setup step?

Thanks

Regards,

Wan

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Firstly, you only need \ should use one TES. You should make all changes in one TES then save and deploy.

If the service is not starting on one, make sure that there has been something assigned for it to process eg. some events.

Go back to the service information on the WGS that is not starting and make sure that the service account information running the service is correct.

Try and start it after you ahve updated the account details.

Go back to the TES and try and deploy.

Other things to check is that the firewalls have been disabled between all the machines.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**

View solution in original post

Wan-Abr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Your insight is very helpful. 

1. Firewall is already turned off.

2. Having it messed up, I reinstall both server. -.-

3. And after reinstalling, I only configure the TES on TRIMSvr1, save & deploy.

4. For 2nd server, I assign 1 event to it.

5. Plus, I check with my domain administrator on the log on service account, he give more rights to the account.

I am not sure which one make it works, but its working now. Maybe configuring 2x TES give it a conflict etc.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Wan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.