Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

TRIM Desktop - how to change the default @ startup

Jump to solution

TRIM Version TRIM 7.1.2.1879

Hi there,

We have recently changed to using TRIM Desktop as the default application, hense lost the ability to setup the start-up Trays.

A number of staff have requested that they would like to change the default startup from Records -my Documents to Records Due for Action.

Any assistance would be helpful

Thanks  Shammi

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Shammi,

There are two options to achieve this:

1) Start HP TRIM with teh follwoing shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMDesktop.exe" –w8

2) In TRIM under Tools->Options->Search->For a Document change the setting to Recirds Due Tray (this may have some

impact on other searches that people may do)

Here's a list of switches that we know of (there doesn't appear to be much documentation around this, there is only a reference in the TRIM help file):

HP TRIM Desktop has these command line parameters that you can use like in the example above with a space, a hyphen and the parameter details:

• -w1, displays the Search Dialogue without opening the HP TRIM client
  • -w2, displays Offline Records
  • -w3, displays Recent Documents (or My Documents)
  • -w4, displays Classification browser
  • -w5, displays Favourite Records
  • -w6, displays Work Tray
  • -w7, displays Recent Containers (or My Containers)
  • -w8, displays Records Due for Action
  • -w9, displays Records In Tray
  • -w10, displays Records In Tray or Due for Action
  • -w11, displays blank scree
  • -w12, displays My Templates
  • -w13, displays My Content
  • -y, starts HP TRIM Desktop in Offline mode
  • -DAA, starts HP TRIM with the specified dataset (AA is your DBID)
  • Filepath and Filename will launch HP TRIM with the Select From Record Types or metadata form to create a new record (e.g. C:\Users\peter.INFOCENTRIK\Desktop\RecordCreateStats.csv)

Hopefully this answers your question and hopefully this is of help to all other users as well.

Peter Haar

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Shammi,

There are two options to achieve this:

1) Start HP TRIM with teh follwoing shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMDesktop.exe" –w8

2) In TRIM under Tools->Options->Search->For a Document change the setting to Recirds Due Tray (this may have some

impact on other searches that people may do)

Here's a list of switches that we know of (there doesn't appear to be much documentation around this, there is only a reference in the TRIM help file):

HP TRIM Desktop has these command line parameters that you can use like in the example above with a space, a hyphen and the parameter details:

• -w1, displays the Search Dialogue without opening the HP TRIM client
  • -w2, displays Offline Records
  • -w3, displays Recent Documents (or My Documents)
  • -w4, displays Classification browser
  • -w5, displays Favourite Records
  • -w6, displays Work Tray
  • -w7, displays Recent Containers (or My Containers)
  • -w8, displays Records Due for Action
  • -w9, displays Records In Tray
  • -w10, displays Records In Tray or Due for Action
  • -w11, displays blank scree
  • -w12, displays My Templates
  • -w13, displays My Content
  • -y, starts HP TRIM Desktop in Offline mode
  • -DAA, starts HP TRIM with the specified dataset (AA is your DBID)
  • Filepath and Filename will launch HP TRIM with the Select From Record Types or metadata form to create a new record (e.g. C:\Users\peter.INFOCENTRIK\Desktop\RecordCreateStats.csv)

Hopefully this answers your question and hopefully this is of help to all other users as well.

Peter Haar

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Apologies on the late reply - thanks Peter

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.