Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Respected Contributor.. Jane Hay Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

TRIM HPRM8.1.1 client breaks Raiser's Edge client application

Hi All,

On the verge of implementing HPRM 8.1.1 7760. Have done trial client upgrade and it has broken another system applications client!! Can anyone help?

Note some background info: HPTRIM 7.1.2 also breaks Raiser's Edge (and HR3 Payroll) but with 7.1.2 the affected key was related to Novell Group Wise. http://blog.nucept.com.au/2012/09/hp-trim-71x-client-conflicted-with.html

With HPRM 8.1.1 the install has broken something else in Raiser's Edge (version 7.92) and we have no idea exactly what or how to fix it. The error message that the RE client get's is "you do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality". The Raiser's Edge vendors (BlackBaud) are trying to assist, but so far no luck. I need to sign off on my upgrade tomorrow otherwise we will have to delay.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas on how we may be able to resolve it?

many thanks

Jane

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.. CousinVinnie Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: TRIM HPRM8.1.1 client breaks Raiser's Edge client application

Hi Jane,

Glad you find information from my old blog.

From my past experience, Raisersedge and HR3 integration with TRIM/RM is quite flaky and I have no doubt that it will find some sort of problem down that track.

Have you try my recommendation there and what was the results?

1. Install RM Client first before installing Raiser's Edge and HR3?

2. Does the registry recommended in the blog help?

At the last resort, run the regshot and see what's change. You may be able to find out what's the conflict this time. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Cheers, Vincent

Respected Contributor.. Jane Hay Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: TRIM HPRM8.1.1 client breaks Raiser's Edge client application

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your response and apologies that I'm only just replying now (I've been prompted by a PM from someone upgrading to 8.2 and experiencing similar issues).

It turned out to be the same registry entry that was causing the issue with 7.1.x but in the case of 8.1 that registry key was being removed entirely by the TRIM/RM installation. Adding the key back in resolved the issue as did a manual reinstall of RE after the RM install. 

Regards

Jane

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.