Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TRIM In Outlook on 7.3.3

Hi Guys

I have enabled all the integrations in Tools -> Desktop AddIns. The Help file suggests that when I restart Outlook, I should see the HP TRIM Toolbar, but I can't find it anywhere. Any tips on getting it up and running?

COE Laptop, Windows 7, Office 2007.

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TRIM In Outlook on 7.3.3

Have you made sure you installed the same bit-version of TRIM and Office? E.g. 32-bit Office needs 32-bit TRIM client.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mystery solved, but brought to light some more issues: I couldn't find where to enable the toolbar in Outlook, so I went to Word instead, and found the AddIn to be disabled.

So I enabled it and started Outlook, and it bombed complaining that that there was no Default Dataset available. So I set on of the datasets to be a default, and tried again.

This time, it showed the Dataset selection dialog.

Now, I found this no-default-error message a little odd. I would expect the data selection dialog to come up in the first place, and not be dependent on the selection of a default. Oh, well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, partially solved: when I start Outlook, it logs into the TRIM Database, but still no toolbar.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Cougs, 

Might be worth checking the Outlook Toolbar. 

Right Click Toolbar in Outlook > Customize > Toolbars Tab > Make sure that HP TRIM is ticked

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Ben: I even don't appear to have that option.

This was working some time ago, but maybe it was while I was on 7.3.1, and post-upgrade to 7.3.3, it went South.

The only reason I noticed is that I have customers complaining about the same thing, so I started investigating an dnow I can't find it.

I noticed that the re-activation of the tsjOffice AddIn won't "stick" went I re-enable it, so I'll try a reboot first, then a re-install/repair focussing on the integration settings, unless you have a better suggestion?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Might be worth checking the Outlook addin log.

To enable logging in the HP TRIM in Outlook add-in, open the Registry editor and go to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\OutlookAddin\
Create a new string called ‘LogLevel’ and set the value:
None = 0,
Critical = 1,
Error = 2,
Warning = 3,
Information = 4,
Verbose = 5,
Debug = 6,
All = 7

And you will need the key "LogPath" and add the path to the log file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

And you will need the key "LogPath" and add the path to the log file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.