Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

TRIM freezing and extremely slow to respo

Jump to solution

Hi, everyone,

All of a sudden we noticed degradation in HP TRIM performance. TRIM freezes on users every 2 or 3 clicks - almost impossible to work with. After verifying all the network /security/server performance and bottlenecks we suspect it to be a HP TRIM SQL Server 2008 R2 database issue. Has anyone experienced this issue before?

If it's really is the TRIM SQL server database, what routine maintenance tasks do we need to perform on HP TRIM SQL Server database and document store for it to perform optimally?

Thank you,

Tom

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

We found the issue. Some user created 90000 external locations of one single profile with TRIMPort by mistake. Our implementation staff had been merging these locations with the correct one, without notcing the effect on the network.

Thanks for the inputs, everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You need to have a regular maintenance task scheduled to update statistics using FULL_SCAN (100%) on all your tables.

There's two tables where you update stats using index but cant remember off the top of my head.
See if you have any update stats tasks running either way and also run SQL Profiler to determine which SQL is using the most CPU time.

Also another basic, DONT virtualise your database, it should be a physical machine due to I/O limitations of virtualisation. 

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE
::::::::::::::::::::::

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

This document will be helpful in keeping up the performance of TRIM. It also has suggestions for the DB task that are needed.

Ralph

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Thanks everyone for the input!

Right now our entire production environment is impossible to work with, freezing happens almost as soon as it unfreezes. Is there a HP hotline or something so that I can get in touch with an HP support rep directly.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
If you're at the TRIM User Forum conference come and talk to me. I'll help you out or point you in the right direction for support. Otherwise you should probably submit a ticket with HP or call your support provider.

-Erik
---------
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

We found the issue. Some user created 90000 external locations of one single profile with TRIMPort by mistake. Our implementation staff had been merging these locations with the correct one, without notcing the effect on the network.

Thanks for the inputs, everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ouch!

Yes it's always a good idea to avoid merging TRIM locations during business hours if possible (I'm saying this for the broader audience here). It causes a lot of database activity.

P.S. It's also a good idea to test import routines on a test database if possible before unleashing them on Production.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Which version are you using?

In previous versions, deleting/merging locations would cause TRIM clients to go into a loop refreshing the local cache.

In 6.2.4 there is a reg key to disable notifications completely.

We were told that this issue was fixed since 6.2.5 without turning off notifications, so I would assume 7.x wouldn't have any problems in this area.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by DXC Technology.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
DXC Technology
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.