Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

TRIMPort ID

Hi all,

Last week I was using TRIMPort to import a large number of items into our 7.3.3 dataset.  The import file had a couple of incorrect lines, which caused the import to stop due to not being able to get the next line - I corrected the import file, removed the data that had already been imported,  and re-ran it.  However, the second time this happened, TRIMPort would not longer open.

The error message I am receiving is:

Error on closing the Import/Export Wizard

Property 'ID' is limited to 2 characters of text.  Please supply a shorter string value.

After clicking OK, another window pops up that says:

Closing HP TRIM Importer

It looks to me as though the database ID that TRIMPort is pointing to has been changed somehow, but I have no idea how this was done or how to change it back.  Other machines don't seem to be affected.

Is this something that could be fixed by re-installing the TRIM 7.3.3 software?  Or is there a way of fixing it without a re-install?

Cheers,

Michael

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TRIMPort ID

Hi Michael, sometimes if TRIMport fails to exit properly there can be an issue with the mdb file.

Try deleting the temp files that are created :

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

and

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\local\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Greg,

I couldn't find anything at

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\local\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

(The TRIMPort directory did not exist.)

However, I deleted

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\trimport.mdb

and a .tpp file at:

C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Hewlett-Packard\HP TRIM\TRIMPort\ToProcess\

TRIMPort now loads.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Nice one

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.