Super Contributor.. AldoH Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

The completion percentage in workflows is not updated.

Since yesterday, none of the workflows shows the information about the completed percentage. The activities are completed, but the workflow does not show the correct value in the completion percentage.

I have searched for each of the workflows that have this problem in the TSWKWORKFL table and even though the workflow is 100% complete, in the table the wrkPercentComplete field has a value of 0.

If I look for workflows in the TSWKACTIVI table, the wacPercentComplete field has value in each of the activities.What could be causing this error and how can I correct it?

We urgently need to solve this problem.

Thank you

8 Replies
Super Contributor..

Re: The completion percentage in workflows is not updated.

I hope somebody can help me.   I hope you can understand, I speak a little bit english.

I have a lot of workflows in this same situation and at each moment new workflows are generated since I can not stop the daily work.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Has this error occurred to anyone? I beg your help. I need to solve this problem. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Baz Van Den Dungen Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

We have seen this before, It appears that the duration of the activities within a workflow has an impact on its percentage complete.  Something that we noticed was that when an activity has a duration of 0 minutes (which is what it defaults to in the editor) it's completion will not increment the percentage completion of the workflow except for some specific circumstances. 

The fix in our case is to make sure that each activity has a duration specified when it is created, either in the template editor or when it is added to the workflow.

Our reproductions steps are as follows, is it similar to what you are observing?

Say i have three activities in my workflow: A1, A2 and A3.

A1 and A2 have durations of 0 minutes and A3 has a duration of 1 hour, giving the workflow an overall total duration of 1 hour. 

Completing both A1 and A2 will not change the duration of the workflow as their duration is too small to show up, whereas completing A3 will change the percentage complete of the workflow to change to 100% as A3 comprises the entire duration of the workflow.

This example works with A1, A2 and A3 in any order.

Super Contributor..

Thanks for your help. I have reviewed some of the templates in which I had the percentage problem and all the activities have a specific duration. I attach an image with one of the templates. I would appreciate if you can tell me if you think that the way in which the duration times of each activity are defined could be responsible for 0 in the percentage.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Hello, I do not know if the image was able to be attached, so I detail here the times of each activity

• Activity 1:  2 hours
    • Objetive, attach documentation
  • Activity 2;  4 hours (Objetive Review attached documentation
    • Result 1: Return to first activity for review
    • Result 2: Reject workflow
  • Activity 3: 1 day
    • Result 1: Approve
    • Result 2: Return to first activity for review
  • Activity 4: 12 hours
    • Result: Close workflow

Thank you,

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

I replicated your workflow within my environment and found that upon completing any of the activities immediately after creation the workflow percentage complete was unchanged. Further testing using the roll back results showed that the "Actual Duration" field of the activity appears to play a role. See the attached screenshot "Workflow State".

The mathematics does not make a lot of sense to me at this point, however upon doing another rollback and completing the activities again the percentage completed was increased again. This suggests to me that the actual duration spent on the activity is being used as an indication of work done. 

Do you still get the same behaviour if you wait 20-30 minutes before completing the first activity of the workflow after it is created? 

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

In effect, the behavior is the same after waiting 20 to 30 minutes.I attach the template with which we frequently have this behavior.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Which version of CM are you using with this workflow template?

When i imported your template into my local environment and tried actioning the workflow i did see the percentage change. See attached screenshots. 

I captured these over two days, just to be sure.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.