Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
shunil
New Member.

Tracking change in HPTRIM Content or metadata

Hi Friends,

I am using HPTRIM service API, c# as programming language for communication purpose between my application and HPTRIM. With this process I am able to query HPTRIM and obtain metadata and content for various purpose.

Now I am thinking of removing this query process so that I can track change in HPTRIM whenever it happens. I would love to build a communication channel between HPTRIM and my application or inside trim itself so that when something changes in HPTRIM some event is triggered to perform the task of grabing metadata and content.

It would be a great help if anyone can point me to right direction or provide me insight on this matter.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Tracking change in HPTRIM Content or metadata

Create a class extending TrimEventProcessorAddIn, this can be added as a custom event processor in enterprise studio - not sure if there is any doco around this already.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Custom event processor samples:

https://github.com/HPECM/Community/tree/master/Samples/SDK/CSharp/EventProcessor

http://www.hprm.info/blog/2015/7/26/a-first-event-processor-add-in

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
shunil
New Member.

Hi JanMartin, thank you for your response. I tried to find examples, documentations around TrimEventProcessorAddIn, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any. Could you please throw some ligt on TrimEventProcessorAddIn and how to extend this to achieve what I want.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
JanMartin Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Have a look at dchurchlands post above, it is a pretty comprehensive sample.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.