Commander Commander
Commander

Trim Error Message in Outlook

All:

This is for  Windows 7, Trim 7.34, 32 bit install.

When one of my clients tries to catalog either an e-mail or an attachment using the Adds-in in Outlook, he receive the following message:

COM object that has been separarted from its underlying RCW cannot be used.

He is able to drag and drop e-mails without any problems.

I am not sure how to address this probelm.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
6 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Submit a helpdesk ticket.  I think there's hotfix which might address it. 

---------
Erik
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Have you tried un-install TRIM, cleaned up the registry then reinstall?

If that doesn't work, the hotfix Erik mentioned might help.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Silly question, you mentioned TRIM is 32 bit, is your version of office 32 bit?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Greg:

Microsoft Office 2010 32 bit.

Mike

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is this only happening to one user or an entire site?

If it is one user, get them to try another machine and see if they get the same problem. If they do then chances are the issue is Windows profile related. Try resetting the local and roaming profiles.

If the other machine works, then the issue most likely will be machine specific. Try reinstalling TRIM.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also having this issue, but there are a couple of us who are experiencing it, not just one person.

I was using my Outlook and my TRIM this morning with no problems. Then randomly the TRIM X button in the toolbar in Outlook is greyed out. Then it reactivates, but when I clicked on it, I got the error message:

COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used.

When I closed and reopened Outlook, it was all fine again.

We have Outlook 2007 and TRIM 7.3.0 at the moment.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.