Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Trying to Manually Backup IDOL

We are using RM 8.3.0.9088.  We have just upgraded to RM 8.3 with IDOL.  We are indexing records and I want to backup IDOL manually during the process in case I have to roll back.

The DREBACKUP command does not work when I try to run it on the browser.

The webpage says can't find the page.

I am able to shut down the IDOL services via the browser but I cannot back it up.  

How can I get the manual backup to work?

Thanks for your help.

RD

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Trying to Manually Backup IDOL

The manual DreBackup runs on the server, rather than the Content Engines; the scheduled backup runs on each if the Content Engines.  So you need to use the index port that is shown in the IDOL Service Configuration files - the default is 9001, and the servre name shoud be the the name of the IDOL server.  I have performed backup for a single IDOL server environment successfully and the command was:

http://localhost:9001/DREBACKUP?C:\Backup

Is that the same format as you are using and are you using the correct port - the stop command uses a different port.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Trying to Manually Backup IDOL

Re: "The webpage says can't find the page."

I sometimes see this with IE, whereas other browsers like Chrome display the expected message. Another thing you can do is look at the IDOL logs after you've attempted to issue the command from the browser. Something like a backup command will show in the IDOL index logs if it was received and executed successfully.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/

If you find this post useful, please use the and/or buttons below.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.