Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Unable to change Date Created field in RM8

Having just updated to HPRM8 we have standard users (Records Coordinators) that use a 3rd party program to create their metadata and then from within their program then once created, attach the document in a separate action. In our old version of TRIM (6R2) it allowed them to update the date created. HPR8 will not allow this.

I do not wish to upgrade their security to allow this.

Can anyone advise if this is a system change or if there is a work around for this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In RM8 when creating a record on the record entry form there is a trigger to "change date created to document date":

So a permissions change should not be required, you should just need to trigger that option.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks Greg

Our users get this window but when they change date created field they get an error message.

There accounts are set as Records Coordinators so should be able to to do this but cannot in 8.1 as it says they need to have the Record Administration permission.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Do they have the record administration permission?

you can check that under the profile tab of the locations properties.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.