Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. LP126 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Unable to save the configuration file CM 9.3.1.300

Jump to solution

Content Manager  9.3.1.300

Using Content Manager Enterprise Studio  with an administrator account  when I make a change and select save  I receive  a  message: Unable to save the configuration file (file path) Access is denied 

I am attempting to remove the login message "The dataset is accepting connections" when the user opens the CM application.  

I have the following steps  but when I hit save I get the Accessed Denied error and the settings don't save 

• Select the Prod dataset > Dataset tab > Availability
  • In the details tab you will see a textbox, delete that message and hit okay.
  • Hit save and deploy.

Any insight would be welcomed 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Unable to save the configuration file CM 9.3.1.300

Jump to solution

Normally, you need to run Enterprise Studio as an Administrator via right-click.

E.g. right-click Enterprise Studio icon > Select 'Run as Administrator'

Otherwise, the config file will be 'read-only' and you can't save changes.

2 Replies
Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Normally, you need to run Enterprise Studio as an Administrator via right-click.

E.g. right-click Enterprise Studio icon > Select 'Run as Administrator'

Otherwise, the config file will be 'read-only' and you can't save changes.

Trusted Contributor.. LP126 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thank you Sten28 that did the trick
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.