Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Upgrade CM 9.1 to CM 9.2

Have folks had any issues with upgrading HP CM 9.1 to 9.2? Got a customer wanting to know how much effort it would be to go from 9.1 to 9.2.

dobbers

0 Likes
6 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Ralph_Furino Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Upgrade CM 9.1 to CM 9.2

I ugraded my test enviroment from 9.1.2.1107 to 9.2.0.9437. The update did require a schema upgrade which only took about an hour. 

Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

There are some internal changes related to improvements and functionality in 9.2 compare to 9.1 (even at the SDK -Development kit level there are changes,  if your customer have some custom development , add-ins or 3rd party integration with CM9.1 those needs to be validated and cross checked with the vendors for their CM9.2 support.

Cheers,
Harry
Highlighted
Erik Wold Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have had good experience with an 8.1 and 8.3 upgrade to 9.2  Both in Oracle and in SQL. A small dataset took around 10 minutes and a larger took less than 2 hours.

One note was to keep the GIS and Spatial Index option selected during schema upgrade as it did cause an error if it was not selected. If you get the error, just go to Schema Manager and add the GIS option. It will fix it right up (this was with Oracle).

The error only shows up if you try to open the client after upgrade.  Boost::bad_get.  Not a friendly error, but easily fixable.boostbadget.png

NickC
Visitor.

Our application that still uses the COM SDK and worked in 9.1 , fails to work in 9.2 .   I'm searching for anyone that still has Com based api still working to determine if we finally need to switch to the .net sdk

You mention changes at the SDK level.  Do you know where these might be documented?

0 Likes
NZ-TRIM-Experts Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The standard release notes which accompany Content Manager 9.2 have a section on 'SDK New properties/methods'.  Micro Focus can supply this document but if you have poral access you can download the complete distro which includes a full copy of the documentation.

InfocentriK Helpdesk
InfocentriK Limited
NickC
Visitor.

Ah Thank you.   It looks like the install kit no longer registers the COM SDK.  I'll check that out

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.