Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Respected Contributor.. TheRealJerjef Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Upgrading from 6.2 to 8.2

Jump to solution

The included documentation states that you can only upgrade to 8.2 from 7.2, no earlier, but I've successfgully upgraded from 6.2 without issue.  Does anyone know what the issue is with upgrading from anything prior to 7.2?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgrading from 6.2 to 8.2

Jump to solution

I have also performed a direct 6.2 to 8.3 upgrade without issue.

It's possible HP just didn't test this step so formally it didn't clear QA. Doesn't mean it wont work though.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. raynebc Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Did you perform more than one schema upgrade on the database?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

No, just the one repair after the schema upgrade from 6.2 to 8.2. All seems fine so I'm curious why a stepped upgrade is required.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have also performed a direct 6.2 to 8.3 upgrade without issue.

It's possible HP just didn't test this step so formally it didn't clear QA. Doesn't mean it wont work though.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Grundy.  That's the feeling I was getting as well, but I wanted to be sure.  I wouldn't want any surprises down the road.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.