Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Upgrading from HP TRIM v6.2 to HP Records Managers 8.0

Good day all,

I work for a U.S.  Department of Defense service. They are currently utilizing HP TRIM v6.2 and have a free upgrade to HP TRIM 7.3. However, funding has now become available to possibly purchase HP Records Manager 8.0.  I have not been able to find out if its possible to upgrade to HP Records Manager 8.0 safely, through exhaustive internet searches and also on the HP Autonomy website. I wanted to know if this plausible and logical and what are the advantages and disadvantages to using HP Records Manager 8.0.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated .

Regards,

Techgato6808

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgrading from HP TRIM v6.2 to HP Records Managers 8.0

Yes you can upgrade to RM8.  I've heard of a few places that have done this, even though the new version is still relatively new.

Pages 49-51 cover the process for ugprading from 6R2 to RM8.

Personally, I would recommend you go to 7.33.  Though that's just because RM8 is still new.  You may need to check whether RM8 has completed JITC certification was well.

---------
Erik
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Upgrading from HP TRIM viva to HP Records Managers 8.0

E,

Awesome.  Can you expound on the the JTIC certification? Thanks for the information.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.