mirhassanali Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upload a file using service api

Jump to solution

Hi

I want to upload a file using the service api directly (not the .NET SDK). Can anyone please share the JSON that I need to post to the /Record resource.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upload a file using service api

Jump to solution

You do a multi-part form post.  If you are using a .Net language you can use the ServiceAPI client classes as you see in the sample below.

Record record = new Record();
record.RecordType = new RecordTypeRef() { Uri = 9000000000 };
record.Title = "my test";

FileInfo fi = new FileInfo("c:\\junk\\myfile.pdf");
trimClient.PostFileWithRequest<RecordsResponse>(fi, record);

If another language then have a look at the request sent from one of the HTML samples in the ServiceAPI and replicate that.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Upload a file using service api

Jump to solution

You do a multi-part form post.  If you are using a .Net language you can use the ServiceAPI client classes as you see in the sample below.

Record record = new Record();
record.RecordType = new RecordTypeRef() { Uri = 9000000000 };
record.Title = "my test";

FileInfo fi = new FileInfo("c:\\junk\\myfile.pdf");
trimClient.PostFileWithRequest<RecordsResponse>(fi, record);

If another language then have a look at the request sent from one of the HTML samples in the ServiceAPI and replicate that.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.