Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. CAHS RC Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Using Power BI to visualise Records Manager / Content Manager data

Would anyone currently be using Power BI to visualise HP Records Manager / Content Manager data. Power BI offers the ability to connect to SQL server sources - is anyone looking at this or currently using it ?

Im on HP Records Manager 8.3 build 9365 but would like to find out if CM9+ users are involved with Power BI too

Tags (4)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Using Power BI to visualise Records Manager / Content Manager data

I have been experimenting with a PowerBI connector that goes via the web service, not direct to SQL.  It is similar to this Power Query for Excel connector.

If you are interested in testing a beta version of the Power BI connector let me know.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Frequent Contributor.. CAHS RC Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Hi David

sure Id like to test the beta please - Im on HP RM 8.3 - are there any restrictions or limitations in this regard as you've tested the connector with the 9.3 Web service?

Also  can you also please send details on your experiences with your testing?

thanks

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Send me your email address as a private message and then give me a couple of days.

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
Regular Contributor.. Sam Cornett Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

I'm currently putting together some trending for number of documents created by business branch, using @David Churchland's beta connector.

To do this, I have a saved search in CM 9.1 which pulls in all the "RecordCreated" events for the month, along with the users login. Then use PowerBI to join AD data to determine the business branch.

The connector is working well for me so far, the only thing that stumped me was the saved search can't have the Owner field populated otherwise it wont appear in Power BI.

Happy to share more details if you're interested.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.