Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. JW Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Viewing emails in HPE Records Manager

We ar running HPE Records Manager 8.3.(RM)

When I open emails in RM as an Administrator, I they open in its native format and I can reply, forward etc fro that message.

However, when I log on as a Records Manager on the same computer, I am unable to view the application in its native format or even view the email.

What Permission do I need to apply so users can view emails within HPE.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
TOTinWA Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Viewing emails in HPE Records Manager

Hi JW,

It may be that the role of 'Records Manager' doesn't have the 'Options - Viewer' set up for msg file types listed under 'Bypass viewer for these file types' and/or the checkbox for 'When viewing mail messages and a native mail rendition exists, launch the associated application' may not be ticked... 

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.. JW Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: Viewing emails in HPE Records Manager

All these options were ticked, however I discovered that the problem is associated with access controls. I set up a folder as and administrator and added access controls but didn't include myself in the access control group. When my profile was changed to Records Manager for demonstration purposes, I could see the metadata but I was unable to view the documents.

Thanks for your assistance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.