Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
PerthRM8 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Web Client 9.2 and Requests

Hi,

WIn10, HPE MicroFocus CM 9.2 - Web Client

- It appears that something is not quite right with Requests in HPE CM9.2 Web Client, at least in our case;

The requests actually appearing in a CM 9.2 Desktop Client, but not in the web client ....

I figure it out that the potentially different code (String search)  is used in desktop / web client:

Above is the web client code, not OK

Below is the TRIM Code, OK in Desktop TRIM and Web Client, displaying Search results OK in both cases

dueOn:15/03/2018 to 22/03/2018

Well, the question is ... ? What can we do to fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Web Client 9.2 and Requests

I'm not sure I follow what you are doing here, are you saying that the string searches are behaving differently between the client and Webclient?
Maybe include some screenhots

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks,

this is how I see it:

trimforumrequestsissue2018incmmf92on21march2018.jpg

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

My guess is that the search is defaulting to either an "AND" \ "OR" and it is different for the full and web clients.

I think your post is missing a screenshot, there i no full client shot of:

Something that might get you to where you need to go - in 9.2 you can now build the string query directly from the webclient. TO the left of the search bar, use the button with the magnifying glass and the plus symbol 

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks,

I've tried your stirng search, no results, I even modified it on different types, no success;

But I managed to build the search I want using your suggestion for building our own search. This web client "business" is going to be very confusing for our users who used the application TRIM for the last 20 years .... I've told my section that most of other EDMS around are sort of "web style" based ..... And that we are going towards the O365, ODFB, Web Client , SharePoint integration etc.....

My confusion is : why the developpers placed the "incorrect/faulty" code in the Request menu (hard coded) area ....? Whey the users must re-build these searches for requests.. Maybe I am mistaken, maybe this code works OK somewhere... Or our Development environment is faulty... Not sure what is going on here ....

in short, we would probably need to build some "saved searches/ search forms" for our users who use this feature frequently ....

Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just to clarify that's not my string search, I just copied and pasted that from your post. So it was never going to work.

it's not  "incorrect/faulty" code, they operate slightly differently, Webclient has to use some defaults in the search bar which is inline with the default search form. Just happens to be slightly different to the string search that you are running in this circumstance.

You can either request an enhancement to allow setting a default search method from AND to OR (or vice versa) or you can go with the saved search option that you have already been playing around with. The new search form that was added to 9.1 is very useful and should be able to give you the same searching flexibility as the client.

Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, you are right,

However, in my testing report I need to put this:  when a user clicks in Web Client on the Request TAB/Menu, and choose the submenu "My Requests not yet actioned" the search should display those 3-4 files/documents he requested; everything else is , well, workaround solution...(that search that user must develop to display his requests)

Once again, I could be wrong here , this is DEV environment ..... Can i just confirm that in your environment, when you click on the same submenu, the search results are actually there?

regards

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Web Client 9.3.1 300 and Requests

Hi,

Win10, CM9.3.1.300 , Office 2016.

just to let you know that this has not been fixed in the version MF CM9.3.1.300 ....  I've just tested it, the same thing...

these two searches are different ....

this is the one from the CM Desktop Client CM9.3.1.300 : my requests for me; the string search editor:

dueOn:23/01/2019 to 23/01/2019 and by 789987

The above one works fine, gives me the search results in the desktop client exactly as specified here.

And this below is the search string in the web client when i click on My Request not yet actioned:

No results , no requests found.

If I then copy the search from the TRIM Desktop client (CM Desktop)

dueOn:23/01/2019 to 23/01/2019 and by 789987  

and place it into the web client address bar for search , the results are shown only when i changed the date range , e.g. instead of 23/01/2019 i place a date from a day before, 22/01/2019.

How are you dealing with this in your web client working environment ?

Am I doing something wrong, or is there are any settings that we can change to make these requests work OK in 9.3.1 ?

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.