Web Client Client Time Zone error
We're having an issue with our Web Client in our testing environment (which is a problem as we're about to use the testing evironment to develop some integration).
TRIM 7.33.5645, Windows 7
The issue that we're getting is that the Web Client is not loading properly. The main screen does not load properly in Firefox (displaying the images from the top left and right hand corners only, with no shortcut bar, search option or view pane) and in IE it displays an error message: Unable to set Client time zone on the server
If one clicks OK to the IE error message it goes away, but attempting to display anything or interact with the interface brings up another error: Request for grid columns failed. Please try again!
Our IT department has already restarted the TRIM Workgroup Service on both web servers and then restarted the TRIM Object Store followed by both web servers, which usually fixes Web Client problems, but I still don't get the full user interface.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Re: Web Client Client Time Zone error
The timezone error itself is a bit of a red herring, it is just another version of 404 page not found.
In my experience the first thing to check is to make sure that the role services for the Web server are correct in IIS
Here is the list, this is what has been published in the install guide but i have also attached the guide.
1. Open the Server Manager by using a command prompt, and typing CompMgmtLauncher.exe followed by pressing Enter
1. On the Server Manager dialog, expand Roles Summary
2. Select Web Server (IIS) from the listed Roles Summaries
— If Web Server (IIS) is not in the List, follow this procedure:
– Select Add Roles
– In the Add Roles Wizard dialog, click Next
– In the Server Roles window, select Web Server (IIS) and click Next
– Click Next in the Web Server (IIS) information dialog
Web Client for Windows 2008 R2 (IIS 7 - 7.5)
Page 9 of 31
3. Select the following Role Services:
— Common HTTP Features
— Static Content
— Default Document
— HTTP Errors
— Application Development
– ASP.NET (when you select ASP.NET, a window appears. Click the button Add Required Role Services.
– .NET Extensibility
– ISAPI Extensions
– ISAPI Filters
– Server Side Includes
– Windows Authentication
– Request Filtering
– Static Content Compression
— Management Tools
– IIS Management Console
4. Click Next
5. Click Install to complete the installation process
6. Click Close
7. On the Server Manager dialog, click Features Summary
8. Click Features to display the installed features
9. The Add Features Wizard may prompt that other features are required for .NET Framework 3.0 / 3.5 features; click Add Required Features to installation these:
— .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features
— WCF Activation
— HTTP Activation
— Non HTTP Activation
10. Click Next, and then click Install to complete the installation process