Sten28 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Web Client - Enable Single Sign On for Google Chrome browser

I am seeking advice on what steps can be taken to enable Single Sign On for Chrome sessions?

I'm looking at a 9.1 environment that hosts the CM Web Client.

The URL is fairly straightforward and uses the server name directly e.g. http://trim-web/HPEContentManager

When this URL is opened in Internet Explorer, the user's Windows Credentials are automatically passed through and the web client opens right away.

When this URL is opened in Chrome, the user receives a popup "Your connection to this site is not private" and they are prompted to enter their Windows credentials. They will be let into the web client once they enter valid credentials.

I have checked IIS and only "Windows Authentication" is enabled as per Micro Focus instructions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Web Client - Enable Single Sign On for Google Chrome browser

Does it help to add the site to your trusted sites in Internet Settings?  i.e.: https://sysadminspot.com/windows/google-chrome-and-ntlm-auto-logon-using-windows-authentication/

Blog | Samples | HPE CM 9.3 SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. davros29 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

@Sten28 wrote:

When this URL is opened in Chrome, the user receives a popup "Your connection to this site is not private" and they are prompted to enter their Windows credentials. They will be let into the web client once they enter valid credentials.

For the "connection is not private" message, that's probably an issue with your SSL certificate. Chrome wants to see the URL that you're accessing as a SAN entry in your certificate. See also https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7391219?hl=en

And to pass Windows credentials using Chrome you need to use a switch when you're starting Chrome. Googling "chrome ntlm whitelist" should give you the info you need. I think there's also a registry setting that can do this which would be the better way to roll it out to lots of users.

Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks David,

I did read somewhere that Chrome derives its settings from IE - very strange.

Unfortunately this setting is locked down by IT, hence I can't test it immediately.. 

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Davros

I had tried whitelisting via registry changes, but it didn't seem to help. I think not having the site as a 'trusted internet site' is not helping either.

As mentioned in my other reply, I need to work with ICT to 'allow' the web client as an intranet site, which may take it further.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.