Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Web Service - obtain a record number of a created record, in the same request/response

Hi,

IHow is it possible to obtain a record number (perhaps, URI) about the record, that was created in the current Create call? That is, is there a way to specify , in Create construct, that I need to getback a URI, or, Record number, that was created by this Create?  🙂 

Thanks
Alex

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Web Service - obtain a record number of a created record, in the same request/response

Create a FetchInjectionUri objct and pass it in with your request.  Then the result will contain a "FetchInjectionUriResult" object for the newly created record.

---------
Erik
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Web Service - obtain a record number of a created record, in the same request/response

Great! Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi again,

it seems to work in a strange way.  I 've got another FetchInjectUri  operation in my request, to inject the record type for a new record.  I specified FetchInjectUri, with the same Id as Create, specified its target type as "record", but am getting back the uri of a record type , not the actual created record.

The request is attached. The line that reads "Found fetched uri:  2" is the FetchInjectionUriResult, returned for "createdrecord".

Thanks

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.