Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Where can I get the schema from the Records Manager database?

Hi

Where can I get the schema from the Records Manager database, with an explanation of what each field stores?

I need to generate several reports about workflows, activities, users, etc. Although I have managed to determine that they store some fields, it would be very helpful to have the information about the schema of the database.

Could you help me, I have little time to work with Records Manager (8.3)?

Beforehand thank you very much.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

AldoH, do you have the report criteria or high level requirements? I may have something that you can use. Feel free to contact me happy to help you get going.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Harry

At this moment they are preparing the list of reports that I must generate and the data they should show. I can tell you that they require reports on:

1. Access of users and their activities within the registers, containers, etc. They need to know what each user did and when he did it.
2. Report on the workflow activity. I need to know what activities have been carried out, who has done it, whether they were completed or not, current flow status, what template was used, etc.
3. Report of the records. When were they created? When were they modified? Who modified them ?, if any record was deleted, when and who deleted it ?, User who created the record, basically need the report to show the information that allows to visualize the current status of each record.

These are some of the reports that our manager needs, but he is preparing other requirements more. I need to be clear about which tables I can get this information in order to prepare the reports.

I hope you can understand me, my English is somewhat limited.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi AldoH,

I use a product called SQLSpec from Elasoft.

You run it against a live database and it will export the schema, any descriptions, contraints, indexes, etc. into a navigatable webpage.

I'm not affiliated with Elasoft at all, just a handy bit of kit.

AG.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.ltbit.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are also the RM Audit logs that are created on a daily basis - what they log is set by the Adminsitrator using the Audit options. They contain the details of all audit actions - as I say for each day, so they could also provide you with a base for the information.

(Please state the version of TRIM/RM/CM that you are using in all posts)

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I think the user was looking for an ER and System dictionary kind  of document for CM / RM which does not exist anymore since TRIM days.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.