Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where in the database is the dataset number stored please?

Hi there

Can someone please show me where in the database TRIM stores the 45 or 47 dataset number?

Thank you

0 Likes
22 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are referring to the dataset ID?

If so you can see which ID is attached to each DB in the TRIM Enterprise Studio.

There is also a way to tell from the reference file - TR5 file.

Right mouse click on the reference file and open in a text file, it the value in red below.

[TRIM Context Reference]
Client=8830f2fe-284a-40a4-b8dd-681efa280207
ClientName=testing
DB=DS
DBName=PBDS
Type=6
TypeName=Record
Items=1
[Item1]
URI=2
Details=2
Extra=Working document

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I'm talking about the Dataset ID. We're on TRIM 7.3.0. Where in the Enterprise studio is that please?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Open it up and they appear next to the database name.

Also in the properties of the dataset, it is the 2 character identifier. In the case below 88

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So what about the individual documents? Where does it record which dataset they belong in?

Thank you

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The back story: 

We have a number of documents that are "missing" at the moment. It turns out that TRIM is looking for these documents in a folder path that includes the number 47 where it should actually include the number 45. We're trying to find out if there is an easier way of fixing this than re-adding all the documents individually, especially now that my drag and drop function doesn't work anymore.

Hope that makes sense

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Might be easier if you tell me what you are trying to do.

If you know the database name you are searching against, then the document obviously belongs in there.

Is this something to do with the integrity check that you ran in an earlier post?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ha ha same time post! (see above for back story)

And yes, it has to do with the integrity check that was run...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sorry just saw your additional post.

So have they been missing since you ran an integrity check? And more importantly are you receiving an error message in the client?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm not sure when it all went wrong. But they're not actually missing, they're just not where TRIM thinks they are.

For example:

TRIM thinks this document should be located in:

47\1\00+c00000fk.pdf

But it is actually located in:

45\1\00+c00000fk.pdf

We just need to find a way of changing the folder that TRIM thinks the document is in.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you 100% sure that is the correct document?

45 and 47 are your database ID's for 2 different datasets. The problem you might have is that a file name like 00+c00000fk.pdf for example can be used more than once is different datasets.

So before you try and make any changes just confirm the documents are correct.

The easiest way to resolve this is go to a backup of the document store when you know the documents are in there.

It is extremely unlikely that the documents would have moved to a different store ID, only with someones intervention.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I am 100% sure that that document is the correct one.

It's possible that someone unknowingly moved them in preparation for or during the upgrade last week, but there's not much we can do about that now.

It's also possible (likely) that there are around 19k documents that have been affected by this. All of the documents I have checked so far have matched the locations exactly, except for the 45 / 47 folder issue.

I would personally be more comfortable adding them one by one as new revisions, but I now have to use TRIM Queue to put them in and it's going to take a really long time to do that many documents that way.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.