Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Work Tray Sorting and Barcodes

Jump to solution

Hi All

I have user that is scanning Barcodes to add records to their Work Tray they would like the records to appear in the order the barcode is scanned (it appears to default by date created) is there way to set the tray to display the folders in the order that the barcode is scanned?

Thanks

Shell

CM9.3 Build 300 P1

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I did notice this happening in a 9.3.2 release and suggested a DB trigger fix. However it seems to have been addressed in 9.4.1.  This is from the 9.4.1 Resolved Known Problems list.

Content Manager 9.40 Patch 1 Build 457

Change Request: OCTCR6J287098:
Symptom:
Work Tray - no longer sorts records by the order in which records were added to Work Tray.
Resolution:
Fixed. Work Tray sorts the records by the order in which they were added to the Work Tray.

Cheers,

Opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Micro Focus or its entities

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

How about this:

From WorkTray:

1. Right Mouse Button
  2. Search > Refine Search
  3. Sort

worktray.png

Blog | Samples | CM SDK Docs
**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of MicroFocus**
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

That is what I thought it would be but these are "old" folders being scanned into the work tray via their barcodes to then be assigned to a box.  So date registered takes the folders registered date.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..
Hi Shelley Mac, from memory if you change your sort method to nothing and then save that as the default it will display in the order that they are scanned in/added to the work tray.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hey PenelopeW, 

I agree and looking at the queries sent to the database when trying to pull out your favourites from the system you get this query.

"SELECT uri,lbiItemUri FROM TSLABELITE WITH (NOLOCK) WHERE ( lbiLabelUri = 8 AND lbiItemType = 6 AND EXISTS ( SELECT 1 FROM TSRECORD WITH (NOLOCK) WHERE ( 1=1 AND rcDateRecycled IS NULL AND uri > 0 AND uri = TSLABELITE.lbiItemUri ) ) ) ORDER BY lbiItemSequence ASC" 

Which looks like it tries to order the items in your favourites by this item sequence, however when I look at the database I see the following: 

lbiLabelUri,  lbiItemType,  lbiItemUri,  lbiItemSequence
                   8,                       6,                  2,                                  0
                   8,                       6,                34,                                  0
                   8,                       6,                59,                                  0
                   8,                       6,              103,                                  0

This is using a relatively fresh deployment of 9.4.0.341 so maybe there is an issue there.

But I do remember the previous default was to sort by the date it was added to favourites.

This may be worth putting in a support ticket for, especially if the lbiitemsequence field is all 0's.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

I did notice this happening in a 9.3.2 release and suggested a DB trigger fix. However it seems to have been addressed in 9.4.1.  This is from the 9.4.1 Resolved Known Problems list.

Content Manager 9.40 Patch 1 Build 457

Change Request: OCTCR6J287098:
Symptom:
Work Tray - no longer sorts records by the order in which records were added to Work Tray.
Resolution:
Fixed. Work Tray sorts the records by the order in which they were added to the Work Tray.

Cheers,

Opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Micro Focus or its entities

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.