ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

cannot see "updated by" in Active Audit Events for RM user role

Jump to solution

running CM 94.345 hotfix 2 -- users with RM role could not access Active Audit Events.  Updated rights under Records Manager privileges to include "Can view active audit events" and users could now see events, but the "Updated By" value shows "*******".  The correct location can be seen when accessing with Admin user role.

Is this new for 9.4?  We never encountered in 8.3  Is there a way to permit RM role users to see who made records changes, in addition to seeing the changes made?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The Event Details information of an Active Audit Event normally includes the Event Type, Date and the user who performed the change displayed as the user's network login.

Because of this, only users with "View user profile details" permission can see the user details from the Event Details. However, the "Updated By" information should display the user details in Name format.

I'm not sure when that was introduced but the same behaviour can be seen in 9.3

Shiela

*** Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus ***

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The Event Details information of an Active Audit Event normally includes the Event Type, Date and the user who performed the change displayed as the user's network login.

Because of this, only users with "View user profile details" permission can see the user details from the Event Details. However, the "Updated By" information should display the user details in Name format.

I'm not sure when that was introduced but the same behaviour can be seen in 9.3

Shiela

*** Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus ***

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks for the reply Shiela.  Thought I had tested that but the role must not have been properly set.  I just confirmed that it's selected and the user details and it now shows user detail

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.