Hello - hoping someone might have some ideas about an issue we are experiencing with DataPort.
When importing documents some are throwing the error:
Error retreiving the next object. Reasons to follow: ID: XX Uri: 0 Details: Illegal characters in path
We can't seem to find the illegal characters preventing the import however when we drag and drop it manually into HPECM it has no issues.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
I am going to cheat a bit here, and paste a comment of mine from a similar thread: How to add line break to notes field using import with dataport?
Excel adds in quotes when saving to Text when the cell contains a comma.
You must remove these quotes before running the file in DataPort, otherwise you may run into import issues.
The simplest way to do this is to open your text file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad++ or TextPad) and use Find/Replace to remove all quotes - see attached image for an example.
Because of the comma in your File Location, it will save in your import file with quotes, i.e.:
By saving your import file as Unicode Text, then using notepad++ to remove the quote marks, it should allow your import file to process without issue.
due to the filename. Investigate the filepath property of your import file.
I should note that during this import process - some files import successfully others do not.
We did some additional troubleshooting with no luck also:
- Rerunning the import after eliminating dashes “-“ from the file title – error still there.
- Then rerun import after eliminating underscores “_” from title – same error.
- Even tried removing the “,.PDF” from the file title with same error present.
- So all these three variables are eliminated as not being cause of error.
- Tried renaming the file title completely (But keeping the .pdf file definition) and STILL got the same error.
here is an example of the file path and doc being imported that is failing
In your path example above, there is a comma in the path name, is that correct?