Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

<(CM) Support tip> - Elasticsearch index rebuild required in CM 9.4

Just thought I'd highlight this, because some people might miss it in the fine print in the 9.4 release notes (under "Upgrade considerations"):

Elasticsearch
If you're using the Elasticsearch option for your Content Indexes, you will need to re-index after upgrade.

Elastic.co deprecated some mappings in Elasticsearch 7.x that CM uses to construct its content index. It’s a change much like we do when a schema upgrade is required for the CM database.

See https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/breaking-changes-7.0.html#breaking_70_mappings_changes

The result is a need to rebuild any Elasticsearch index created using a version of CM prior to 9.4. We don't expect this is something that will happen often.

(P.S. Elasticsearch does have a "Reindex API", which you may be able to use to move all your existing content into a newly-created CM 9.4 Elasticsearch index. Your Elasticsearch implementer may be able to assist with this if you're concerned the process of reindexing all content from the source CM repository may be too onerous)

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion, and unless stated otherwise do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of Micro Focus.

(Please state the version of CM you're using in all posts.)

MySupport: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.