Honored Contributor.. Tamara Hoagland Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

tr5 error

Jump to solution

Please take a look at the error below and advise if you know of a fix:

TRIM Context

There were errors detected:

"C:\Docs...\Monthly Reporting.tr5": A new copy of 'TRIM Context' was started but failed to accept reference files.

None of our reference files are opening in TRIM. There have not been any changes to the system as far as I know.

We have had this functionality until this morning and now we have multiple users who cannot get their links to open the respective items in TRIM.

The issue happens when trying to access a link via Outlook email as well as links to records and saved searches on the Hard/Share Drive.

I've not found anyone who is able to click on the link successfully but have not asked all users as I don't want to cause a panic.

Any thoughts to resolve would be most appreciated!

We are running 6.2.3.1137.

Regards,

Tamara

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EWillsey Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: tr5 error

Jump to solution
The license name and number are embedded within the reference file. If you just added new seats to an existing license ask HP to update the original license number. Otherwise you have no solution.
---------
Erik

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Did you recently change your TRIM license?

---------
Erik
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes, I did update the TRIM license over the weekend. So very strange that it would have caused issues with the reference links...

Any way to restore or is it up to every user to recreate each of their reference links?

Regards,

Tamara

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
The license name and number are embedded within the reference file. If you just added new seats to an existing license ask HP to update the original license number. Otherwise you have no solution.
---------
Erik

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Well they say you learn something new everyday and this day is no different. Thanks so much for the info!

I did ask HP to use original License Name and Number but after 3 weeks of back and forth, I finally just took what they gave me. Too bad I did push further I guess.

Thanks again!

Tamara

0 Likes
Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Are licensing still doing this?!

We've told them sooooo many times to use the same name/number for this reason...

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Highlighted
Matthew D Wilso Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Go get 'em John 🙂

Yeah, that would really throw things into a muddle if the license number changed.

Acclaimed Contributor.. Joshua Hutley Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

On the topic of licences for additional seats for TRIM.

If I am updating the licence key (not the name or number) for additional seats should I expect any issue with global settings for toolbars being reset?

I will test this out before putting into production but it is always good to ask others experience. 

Thanks

Grundy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yeah, from memory any change to the license will reset the toolbars.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

INFORMOTION.com.au
Rich_Kid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Anything that changes the "depdate" key on the workgroup server registry will result in a change to global settings.

hklm\software\tower softwae\msi setup

So copy that key and resstore it afterwards (and then restart the workgroup service. crossing your fingers ...)

Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Threads like this demonstrate the value and benefit of this forum!

Thanks to all for your willingness to share your knowledge.

Best wishes for a great day,

Tamara

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.