Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Sarathbabuk Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

webclient single sign-on

how easy to implement Single Sign-On in webclient. i read the webclient install guide, then i realized its not so easy. it says you have to install VS and congiuraton changes on service api.

is there any best approach.

Sarath.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: webclient single sign-on

Not sure I am following, the best approach is the steps found in the install guide

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
Harry-Koppanyi Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

The easiest (for your internal users) would be if you enable IE autologin using the Authenticated user. You can find this under IE - Internet Options (From the Window popup) - Security - Custom - scroll to the end and choose your suitable option.

This change can be implemented by pushing it to all your users from AD Group policy.

Cheers,
Harry
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sarathbabuk Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I had gone through the install guide. i cannot find anything related to SSO (Single-Sign On). only i can find in webclient install guide, it says to use "useADFS=true" configuration in hprmserviceapi.config file. i dont thing this will alone provide SSO.

we want to use non-ADFS to use SAML authentication by integrating the webclient to a portal.

any one implemented on their project/POC pls share the steps.

-Sarath.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As far as I know, ADFS is all that is supported. If it is not in the guide, chances are that it can't be done outside the box.

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Micro Focus**
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.