Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Sam Cornett Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Office 365 connector

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We're currently considering re-birthing our project to implement Control Point within our organisation.

I can see in the latest release documentation that SharePoint 2019 is supported.

Does this include SharePoint Online?

Wondering if there is anyone who can share their journey to implement Control Point within a Content Manager, Office 365, Network Drive based environment?

Many thanks,
Sam Cornett

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Office 365 connector

Jump to solution

Sam,

I got in touch with the technical product manager who told me as follows:

Office 365 is of course supported by Control Point. We would connect to Office 365 using CP connectors, classify the information, and act on it accordingly. If the action required for that content to be moved to or remote managed by content manager, we can do that out of the box as CP and CM are completely integrated. CM is an out of the box target for CP that can be configured completely through the Control Point UI. You then also need to define in the CM UI certain details on how information received by CP is displayed. The full integration is out of the box and configured through UI on both sides, so no need for technical knowledge to implement.

Hope that helps.

Please let us know if we can assist you further!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Community Manager COEST Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Sam,

I got in touch with the technical product manager who told me as follows:

Office 365 is of course supported by Control Point. We would connect to Office 365 using CP connectors, classify the information, and act on it accordingly. If the action required for that content to be moved to or remote managed by content manager, we can do that out of the box as CP and CM are completely integrated. CM is an out of the box target for CP that can be configured completely through the Control Point UI. You then also need to define in the CM UI certain details on how information received by CP is displayed. The full integration is out of the box and configured through UI on both sides, so no need for technical knowledge to implement.

Hope that helps.

Please let us know if we can assist you further!

View solution in original post

Valued Contributor.. Martin White Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

With regards to O365 Mailbox ingestion, some additional planning needs to given to the Implementation of OAuth and the creation of an Azure Graph application (especially in a multi-tenant Azure environment).

Feel free to drop me a message if you wish to discuss further.

Regards

Martin (StoreXltd)

Tags (2)
Trusted Contributor.. Sam Cornett Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the insight, Martin!

We'll be sure to keep this in mind 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.