New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Unable to install CDF

Hi Team,

We are trying to install CDF for the installation of DCA but we are facing some issues in the installation 

The installer first got stuck at "Configure and start the ETCD database" and then pops up this message 

"Failed to start ETCD database. Refer to /tmp/install.20190719055112.log file for detail information. If need, please contact system administrator or Micro Focus support"

I am unable to identify the root cause of this issue. followed some community post for this:

1. https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMAX-User-Discussions/Installing-CDF-on-premises-stuck-in-quot-configuring-etcd-quot/td-p/1620959

2. https://community.microfocus.com/t5/SMAX-User-Discussions/SMAX-2019-02-Installation-Issue/td-p/1763848

I am attaching my install.properties file along with the log file 

Thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Could you give us some more details like:

- CDF/DCA version you'd like to install

- OS version

- upload the right log file

Mihai Lazar
Automate & Orchestrate Solution Architect

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

-CDF/DCA version- 2019.02

-RHEL- 7.6

I have uploaded the latest log file

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try to connect to the etcd container and execute those commands manually

docker -H unix:///var/run/docker-bootstrap.sock ps | grep -i 'etcd_container'

Take the id and:
docker exec -ti <id> bash

/opt/kubernetes/bin/etcdctl --cacert=/opt/kubernetes/ssl/ca.crt --cert /opt/kubernetes/ssl/server.crt --key /opt/kubernetes/ssl/server.key --endpoints https://mf-dca3.idm.com:4001 get / --prefix --keys-only=true

Mihai Lazar

*If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I tried the mentioned steps.

using docker -H unix:///var/run/docker-bootstrap.sock ps | grep -i 'etcd_container'  command i am able to fetch ID , but when i run command

docker exec -ti e721c5735922 bash and returned with error 

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

Kindly suggest what should be done to resolve this error?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try in this way

docker -H unix:///var/run/docker-bootstrap.sock exec -ti e721c5735922 bash

Mihai Lazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hello, 

I tried running the above-listed command docker -H unix:///var/run/docker-bootstrap.sock exec -ti  eafcd3388e7b bash but now i am getting this error Error response from daemon: Container eafcd3388e7bbc691c8cd68a7588334813ffd9927a6a210f9b879e6c42e2ca80 is restarting, wait until the container is running.

Please suggest what should be done next.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.