New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Web console: Option to display logged on username persistently

Idea ID 2801034

Web console: Option to display logged on username persistently

In the legacy ASP web console, the logged on user (domain\username) is displayed in the top left corner of the web console. This is extremely helpful when assisting users with web console issues and you need to know at a glance which user is logged on (particularly when users have multiple accounts that have been granted different roles/powers). Please add this as an option.

Tags (1)
8 Comments
Admiral
Admiral

This is present in 9.1 (at least in my lab). What version are you running?

Commander
Commander

The 9.2 REST web console does not display the username of the logged on user (and there's no option to enable it).

Admiral
Admiral

Up voted now. Indeed missing in 9.2 SP1 HF7 in my lab. 

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Bill,

In 10, we show the logged in user by selecting the Account icon in the upper right of the web page.  Are you wanting to see the logged on user name as part of the Icon, or would you like to click on the Icon and see the logged in user?

Status changed to: Needs Clarification

In 10, we show the logged in user by selecting the Account icon in the upper right of the web page.  Are you wanting to see the logged on user name as part of the Icon, or would you like to click on the Icon and see the logged in user?

Commander
Commander

Hi Jeff, the idea is to have an option for the username to appear persistently at the top of the web console without having to click anything. For those that don't want to see the username, it could be toggled off. For others, they could enable the option for the username to appear persistently.

Status changed to: Under Consideration

Bill,

Thank you for the clarification.  I will investigate this feature request and provide an update soon.

Jeff

Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks Bill,

I appreciate the feedback and will discuss with our team and provide an update soon.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.