Down vote ideas

The current Idea model appears to be:

1) Submitted idea

2) review idea

3) approve idea

4) seek feedback on idea by voting

5) ....

6) profit!

However that means that there's skewed feedback: out of a population of users that is not well understood, 2 votes might be 100% of interested users, or it could be 1% of all users, and there's no mechanism for negative feedback other than not voting..  Suggestion is to add a downvote feedback mechanism to gather negative as well as positive feedback.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: New Idea

This is an interesting idea. I will bring this up with the broader Idea Exchange group. 

I guess the best status here would be "Under Consideration" 🙂

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In the meantime, I guess negative feedback can be submitted via comments. The comments are considered when decisions are made whether to implement the idea or not.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.