Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

Replace Oracle Database to PostgreSQL Database on Server Automation

Replace Oracle Database to PostgreSQL Database on Server Automation

All my customers don't want to use Oracle Database on Server Automation. Becasue Oracle Database is too expensive, need many compliances for the company audit policy. FSI customers also have many IBM AIX systems need a compliance requirements. Cloud we replace Oracle Database to PostgreSQL Database on Server Automation? 

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The DCA applicance which is a striped down version SA uses a POSTGRES database.   This is already possible for a single core.   The catch is.

a) its stripped down and not a full SA system.
b) It does not support more than multi-master because the technology that enables this make use for Oracle database tech.

My points is the foundation for removing Oracle have already been paved and it just need a final push to remove it completely.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Possible also DCA version which have a full SA version could be an option.

Michael_it Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

i would say replace is probably not the right thing. rather support also postgres.

generally the DB choise must be coherend in at minimum all the ITOM Suites. ensuring an multisuite customer does not need to have several different DBAs and support agreements. if postgres is the right choice i would leave up to Micro Focus but definetly a more costefective DB then oracle is required.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.