Abnormal power outage during backup causes StoreOnceSoftware library to crash

1,company nameHEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE

Contact:YU YONGMING / 13910814407 / yong-mingy@microfocus.com

Field Engineer:Deng peng/deng.pengA@h3c.com/18482391563

2,User environment

Software version:H3C 10.50

CM  system version:CentOS 7.6

3,Problem Description

Abnormal power outage during backup causes StoreOnceSoftware library crash media to be unreadable

4, Current state

The store can start normally, and the media cannot be read when reading data.

5,This piece is the continuation of case SD02565275

4 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

improve

Customers want to be able to recover lost data

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I support

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @quanwu,

This is not the right place to look for a timely resolution of the problem. This is the place to request product features that might come (or not) in the future release.

Options with StoreOnceSoftware are limited if the store daemon reports issues. I had a case recently where one out of hundreds of media was not readable. We have tried everything to read the data off the device including ObjectStoreClientCLI and TapeAnalyser, but it was corrupt and we had to give up.

My recommendation is to have regular copies from StoreOnceSoftware to another device (another B2D device, tape, cloud) as a safeguard. Since StoreOnceSoftware lives in the file system of the Media Server it is also vulnerable to crypto trojans.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.