Add nproc check into the Installation Script

Add nproc check into the Installation Script

Hello, 

It would be great if you can add another check into the prechecks performed in the installation on Linux with omnisetup.sh

This check should be for the maximum number of process for the user hpdp. 

In one environment I helped to upgrade all the installations hungs for so much time and also have problems with the GUI after some time of usage. 

The problem was this configuration because the server had this value in 1024. 

The server.log reports this error:
23:39:28,848 ERROR [ChannelListeners:94:default I/O-47] XNIO001007: A channel event listener threw an exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

I installed it in another server with the value in 4096 and works with no issues. 

The value is saved here in /etc/security/limits.conf or /etc/security/limits.d/90-nproc.conf in RedHat: 

hpdp       hard    nproc     15000

Regards, 

Tags (2)
2 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Victor_F_DP,

You have my vote. This kind of lessons learned should be integrated into the pre-flight scripts executed by the setup process. Something similar was done for nofiles in A.10.40 so this should be easy to implement.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.