Idea ID 1766619
Since more and more customers are moving away from HP-UX Cell Managers we need a scalable and fully supported way of migrating to Linux and or Windows Cell Managers. This solution must work for very large cells with 10000+ media.
From our point of view this could be done using a combination of:
- Setup a new Cell Manager running the same version on the new target platform in parallel, manual setup
- Use to foreign Cell Manager capability to make it known by the source Cell Manager
- Provide a command that will run the migration with two possible combinations
- Target Cell Manager will use a new name
- Target Cell Manager will take over the name of the source system as part of the process
- The source Cell Manager is shut down and the name of the target Cell Manager is changed
- Clients are forced to use the new Cell Manager name and device entries are updated to use the new Cell Manager name
Have the right set of tools required to drive this required operation that will become more and more popular as HP-UX and the Itanium hardware ages and drives support cost. This can also be used for regular Cell Manager migrations where users need to replace Cell Manager hardware in the future.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.