Change Protection for Replication Sessions

Change Protection for Replication Sessions

Hi, it is possible to change data and catalog protection for backup and copy jobs. For replication jobs this is grayed out. A customer wants this feature.

4 Comments
Jenni_S Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

It is possible to do this but you need to run it by selecting the replication objects (or if VSS / VE against the VSS or VEAgent objects) inside the session.

But I agree, it's a total pain if you want to do this against a lot of sessions at once so would be great to do this against the session ID same as the backup allows

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @skochavara,

I requested this years ago. ER is QCCR2A54794. The best workaround for me was, and still is, to use omnidb. It works there so implementing this in GUI should be pretty easy.

omnidb -session SessionID -change_protection 
omnidb -session SessionID -catchange_protection

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Joe Watzko Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Yes, we do it the same way with command line but you have to script it if you will do it for thousand of sessions. This is not customer friendly.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.