Check B2D device via CLI+REST

Check B2D device via CLI+REST

There's possibility of checking B2D device via GUI.

We nedd the possibility of device checking via CLI and REST (to automate our processes).

8 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Aleksandr_Sviridov .

Have you looked omnib2dinfo? That might help you accomplish what you want.

Thanks,

Shishir

Super Contributor.. Aleksandr_Sviridov Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello @Shishir Misra
As I can see, the Omnib2dinfo is the command that works with the entire library but not the particular device. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello.

I’m not sure I understand. Do you wish to check gateways or stores? The latter can be covered directly. Gateway access can be checked by running that command on the gateway host. Perhaps you can explain what you’re trying to do so that we can if it’s possible or not.

Thanks,

Shishir

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Hello.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you wish to check gateways or stores? The latter can be covered directly. Gateway access can be checked by running that command on the gateway host. Perhaps you can explain what you're trying to do so that we can if it's possible or not.

Thanks,

Shishir

Super Contributor..

@Shishir Misra

I wish to check the gateway after its creation via omniupload or after some other automated actions.

When I say "check" I mean the button on the right of the B2D Device Properties > Storage Unit and gateways.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Aleksandr_Sviridov.

Getting the exact check done as is possible through the GUI is currently not possible. However, as I said earlier, you can run omnib2dinfo on the gateway host to check basic connectivity.

Thanks,

Shishir

Super Contributor..

Thank You, @Shishir Misra 

Gateway host is MA-only host and it has no omnib2dinfo (GUI) component installed.

"is currently not possible" - that is the reason why I write this post in IDEA

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.