Data Protector 10 scheduler usability failure

Idea ID 1677805

Data Protector 10 scheduler usability failure

0 Votes

I really must protest about the new web-based scheduler in Data Protector 10 (version 10.10).  Never mind that  it is laid out more awkwardly than the old version.  The first problem is that it is SO SLOW as to be ALMOST UNUSABLE.  Just to get past the initial screen I have to wait 30 seconds while it does its credential check.  EVERY TIME I go to the scheduler I get hit with this delay.  Then, when setting up a schedule, once again the delays are intolerable.  Click to go to the next screen -- wait 20 seconds.  Even just a kestroke when entering text - type a key, wait a full second for it to echo.

This is totally unacceptable.  Does anyone bother to do QA on this stuff?

I recognize that you put in a lot of effort to create this new scheduler, but sometimes software projects fail and this is one of those cases.

What plans do you have to rectify these problems?

3 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello, 

We are sorry to hear your bad experience. 

DP 10.20 reintroduce the Legacy schedule: 

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2018.11/release_notes/whats_new#Schedulerimprovements

Regards, 

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Thanks for your submission.

We are working on improving the new web based scheduler, however until then we have introduced the legacy scheduler in DP 10.20

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Archived

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.