Delete SCSI paths of devices when client is deleted

Idea ID 2698033

Delete SCSI paths of devices when client is deleted

Hello team, 

When we have multipath enabled, one SCSI path is saved for each server added. If we delete a client and this client have paths configured, those remains there. I have tested this with DP 10.50 as well, and happens the same. 

Let me show you the way I done it. 

I have two clients, the CM and the test client:

clipboard_image_0.png

Now I add a path for this test.test server into a multi-path device: 

clipboard_image_5.png

After that, I go and delete the client: 

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_4.png

Now it's only the CM. But if we go to the device, the path for the test.test server is still there: 

clipboard_image_6.png

This is a big problem for customers that have multipath with the same server with hundreds of clients. 

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Victor_F_DP,

Problem here is that a client can be exported from the Cell for various reasons. I do it from time to time during migration or if a client is causing trouble. So to be honest I'm happy with the current implementation while I understand the requirement.

Have you looked into the sanconf command, yet? It not, please do so and let everyone here know what is missing. Maybe it is just the GUI interface?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Sebastian.Koehler

That is true. But sometimes the client is removed for good and the SCSI paths needs to be removed also. And in cases that there a lot of paths added is problematic. 

Knowing that, should be an option like the one to remove the software when we export the client: 

clipboard_image_0.png

This will be better and will work in case of the removal of the client for other reasons. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

@Victor_F_DP 

Insufficient number of votes/requests to justify the effort.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.