EADR disaster recovery from a media copy or an object copy

Idea ID 2751291

EADR disaster recovery from a media copy or an object copy

EADR Restore does not allow to select a second copy of the object under the the volume list option to generate the iso recovery file. Unfortunately the original backup data was destroyed.

We have replicated the original backup data to a secondary location, so that during a disaster recovery Scenario the second or third copy of the backup data can be selected. Unfortunately EADR restores does not allow to select the second copy of the backed up data. Therefore it does not really help in case of a disaster recovery.

A feature to enable this option would really help.

4 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Dipankar21,

The Restore Session Manager selects the media for restore based on the location priority.

So in this case you should have the options to change the priority of the media which is required to restore (I agree this is not super easy) or recycle and export the media that has been destroyed so that the remaining copy gets promoted.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the update. I will try this out and update a status here.

Best Regards

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Dipankar21,

Do you have an update for us? I found an even better way for doing this. To restore from a specific device or copy a configuration change in the IDB is needed​.

• omnidb -session <SessionID> -detail to show the current default restore device​
  • omnidbutil -changebdev <FromDevice> <ToDevice> -session <SessionID> to change the restore device

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.