FreeBSD client (DA at least)

Idea ID 2758705

FreeBSD client (DA at least)

0 Votes

I would really appreciate an additional FreeBSD client for DataProtector.

Currently I use a Linux client once installed on a Linux machine and copy /opt/omni, /var/opt/omni and /etc/opt/omni to /compat/linux/ on the FreeBSD site.

This works, but a native client would be much better of course. Since FreeBSD is really not far away from Linux and other Unix OSes I guess that the effort would be minor - of course it would be an additional plattform to test for every new release.

Greetings - Matthias
SIEMENS AG

1 Comment
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Declined

@Matthias Schünd 

Sorry, but FreeBSD in not compatible with our overall strategy of operating system platforms. You can backup data via a Network share backup.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.