GRE support for VMware ESXi6.5u3

Idea ID 2742204

GRE support for VMware ESXi6.5u3

0 Votes

I have just found out that 10.60 GRE will support 6.7u3 but not 6.5u3!! Why?? These are parallel OS streams that are going EOL on the same date so there are no advantages to move to 6.7 if you are using 6.5. We have no desire at present to move to 6.7 and I would have a lot of work to do if I had to move just because I can't get the GRE to load in 6.5u3. 

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Under Consideration

@GaryP1 

We are not providing support statements for an upcoming release. And certification is different from product launches anyway. Please wait for DP 10.60 being launched and an updated support matrix is available.

Frequent Visitor.

OK thanks Uli, I have actually got it to work now in 6.5U3 so appreciate it's not supported yet but it does work! Port 7116 must be open between CM and VCA then the plug-in loads into VMWare. Hopefully see you in The Hague...

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

DP GRE doesn't work flawlessly.

Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

GRE for VMware has allways been difficult to configure and work flawlessly with single file restores or backup. Maybe a suggestion for Support to use the VMware Explorer features into the integration. As far as I can gather the product VMExplorer was easy to configure VMware and Hyper-V backups and MicroFocus DP should be that easy too if not better.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi all,

we need to separate support issues from enhancement requests. If the current version of VMware GRE is not working as discribed in our documentation then please address that to support. 

If you want an enhancement going into a future version please address here by providing all the details you need. We don't want (and actually are not allowed to) copy other vendors software so please focus on features customers really need regularily. Also VMX works differnetly but can be considered.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.