How to schedule the restore for the filebackups

Idea ID 2682542

How to schedule the restore for the filebackups

0 Votes

Hi,

We have the option available in HP data protector to schedule the backups jobs.

but after full backups completed. we need to test one of the file for restore, this we want it as scheduled basis once the full backups completed.

do we have feature  like that in HP data protector??

----* comments appreciated*-------

6 Comments
BangHP
Member.

Hi,

We have the option available in HP data protector to schedule the backups jobs.

but after full backups completed. we need to test one of the file for restore, this we want it as scheduled basis once the full backups completed.

do we have feature  like that in HP data protector??

----* comments appreciated*-------

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @BangHP.

Please check the 'object verification' feature. This allows you to test restores automatically, and can be run interactively as well.

Thanks,

Shishir

BangHP
Member.

Hi @Shishir Misra 

first of all thank you. for you reply on my query.

Could you please elaborate more as I want to know how to do restore using object verification. "need to restore a single file or folder from last completed backup"

I was tried to see there only two option one is post backup and schedule.

but for restore, I see no options.

if any steps please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

Shivu

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Shivu (@BangHP )

Object verification basically performs the preview of a restore for all objects that meet your filter settings. E.g., you could choose to target a particular backup specification, with a time filter of the previous 24 hours. The verification session would then attempt a restore of all files/data within the object, without the final step of writing the restored data to a volume.

There is no way to select a single file or directory within the overall object filters as of now. If that is absolutely what you need, then you can consider writing a custom script that uses the 'omnir' command (https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.05/CLIOmnir) to restore a specific directory or file. You can then add the script as a post-exec step for the backup specification that processes your full backups.

Regards,

Shishir

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello @BangHP,

Does this comment from Shishir help with fulfilling this idea ? 

Thanks,
Sheetal

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @BangHP, you can test backups with the object verification feature of DP.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.