Implement omniback/tmp log deletion option

Idea ID 2835985

Implement omniback/tmp log deletion option

0 Votes

Hello,

After deploying DP 10.80 and having to go through 5  Internal Binaries and many debugs, all of my client systems /tmp folders are now full of logs.

Could you please implement an option to delete those manually?

Thank you in advance!

6 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Momchil Nikolov

I think you are experiencing an issue with the OB2DBG variable remaining after the installation. 
You can try this to remove the unnecessary debugs: 

• For Windows follow these steps: Right click in This PC > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > Delete variable OB2DBG
Note: this have to be done with the user that perform the installation.
• For Linux run this command: unset OB2DBG

Anyway, the idea to implement a way to delete the logs already generated it's really good. 

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

@Victor_F_DPI already checked for the OB2DBG variables and everything is ok.
I just need a way to cleanup after my investigations.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Momchil Nikolov

Yes, there is a way: omnidlc -no_filter -hosts hostname-delete_dbg

That is also included in the GUI: 

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

It worked, many thanks Victor!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You're welcome. 

@UliW_MF, mark this as already offered. 

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Already Offered
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.