Improvement of Oracle's RMAN coordinated Backup performance of DP

Idea ID 1652567

Improvement of Oracle's RMAN coordinated Backup performance of DP

With respect to the Oracle's integration of DP, compared to the performance that Oracle RMAN backs up directly to disk (without DP), when backing up with DP's Oracle integration, there is a situation in which the backup performance is remarkably slow. Then, by investigation support of MFE support, it turned out that the cause was caused by the processing using the SBT_TAPE channel on the Oracle side. In addition, since the same survey result was obtained in the past, since the investigation of the Oracle side has not proceeded, as a result, I am aware that this has not been improved.

In order to be able to propose this function in the future, we will ask for performance improvement of RMAN coordinated backup using DP integration. Even with other methods, if you can propose Oracle integration with essentially improved backup performance, I am not sticking to the current implementation method in particular.

3 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I strongly recomend this issue should be resolved. Due to this issue, I lost some opportunities!!!!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RMAN will behave differently with DISK and SBT_TAPE .
The process of sbtwrite function that is used by SBT_TAPE is managed by RMAN side and that is a kind of blackbox to us .
It is typical situation that we need to ask the customer to contact Oracle support when sbtwrite is slow .
To improve the performance of Oracle integrated backup with DP as a comprehensive backup solution for customers  , it will be essential that DP R&D work with Oracle closely .
That would be great if it could be accomplished .

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.