Improving Hyper-V Integration

Idea ID 1644884

Improving Hyper-V Integration

Still waiting for improved integration for Hyper-V:

- VM's cannot be backup using an exclusion on volume level (i. .e do not backup Driveletter E:\ of a VM)

See: https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR2A63837?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_SSO_PRO_HPE

--> This was submitted in 2015 ::-)

- Incremental Backups still using the old “recovery” snapshot type and have to be removed manually?!

4 Comments
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

My customers who moving away from VMware to HyperV are forced to replace DP because the VE Integration for HyperV is so limited. The first thing they say is why doesn't it work in DP when VM Explorer can do it? 

Or new customers come away from a HPE/MF forum full of wonder at all the functionailty that the VE Integration offers only for me to shoot them down in flames because all of that cool functionailty only applies to VMware.

If MF can't get the functionailty comparable between the virtualisation platforms then then they should consider separating the VEAgent into 2 separate integrations - 1 for VMware and 1 for HyperV. This at least would stop the sales teams promising functionailty that the consultant on the ground is unable to deliver because the customer's virtualisation platform is HyperV and not VMware.

At minimum I'd like to see GRE for HyperV

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello all,

I noticed that the request has turned into "Status changed to: Under Consideration" - after almost one year. Let me say: Don't rush, take your time - but please understand when I get the feeling Microfocus isn't aware that customers running Hyper-V doing this for business, not for pleasure. In the meantime, we found an excellent workaround regarding the several lacks of DP together with Hyper-V: We implemented Veeam into our environment.

You cannot imagine how smooth, sophisticated and reliable this product is backing up Hyper-V infrastructure!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.