APPERROR:
ERROR:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

see also QCCR2A78506/QCIM2A78782/SD02145946

14 Comments
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hello Gerd,

Is this specific to a not supported configuration or a bug in the Oracle integration? There is an ongoing discussion in the forum with the same kind of error.

Upgraded from DP9 to 10.03, Oracle integration Insufficient Privileges
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Data-Protector-Practitioners/Upgraded-from-DP9-to-10-03-Oracle-integration-Insufficient/td-p/1643374

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Sebastian,

I don't know if this issue does occur also with other combination of DP/Oracle, but in this case here, our lab is refering to the non-supported combination.

Regards,

Gerd

Knowledge Partner

Hi Gerd,

The user configured for the Oracle integration needs the SYSBACKUP privilege. This only happens if the integration detects Oracle 12 on the server. I just ran through a quick debug session in my lab. Oracle 10 and 11 still use SYSDBA.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

HI Gerd,

Please provide an update, whether settings SYSBACKUP helped.

Thanks.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

i asked customer again for this test

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Customer tested with SYSBACKUP privilege, but the issue remained still the same !!

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

As we now seem to support SLES(x64) with no exceptions for Oracle 12, the following seems still to be true:

from

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Data-Protector-User-Discussions/Upgraded-from-DP9-to-10-03-Oracle-integration-Insufficient/td-p/1643374

Re: Upgraded from DP9 to 10.03, Oracle integration Insufficient Privileges

This modification was included in DP 10.01 and was properly documented into integration and ProductAnnouncements.pdf

Username and password for login to the target or
primary database. Note that the user must have the
SYSDBA privilege granted. For Oracle version 12c the
user must have been granted the SYSBACKUP privilege.
Also you can use the user with SYSDBA privilege for
Oracle 12c but first you must set omnirc variable
OB2_ORACLE_USE_SYSDBA to 1.

Oracle 12c SYSBACKUP compatibility
Currently, Data Protector Oracle integration uses SYSDBA as requested user privileges to connect to
the database. With the new Oracle 12c version, a new SYSBACKUP user privilege with all required
privileges for backup, restore and recover functionalities are provided. This enhancement enables
SYSBACKUP user privileges to connect to the Oracle database for 12c Oracle version. The older
Oracle versions will continue with the SYSDBA user privileges as before.

Knowledge Partner

Hi @Gerd Kehrbusch,

Can you please summarize the issue the customer is currently facing. I lost track of what is working and what is not working.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Sebastian,

customer migrated to dp 10.20 and faced the same issue while testing Oracle12 backup.

I have sent him the from my last comment and thgis solved the issue.

Gerd

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.